Sonia Ebling de Kermoal (Taquara RS 1918-2006). Sculptor and teacher. Sonia´s career began by taking painting courses and sculpture in the Rio Grande do Sul and Rio de Janeiro's Schools of Fine Arts, between 1944 and 1951.
In 1955, she was awarded with a trip to Europe from the National Hall of Modern Art of Rio de Janeiro.
From 1956 to 1959, she travel to some European countries, studying with Zadkine, in Paris (France). She lived in this city, between 1959 and 1968, and received a scholarship to the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation.
After she returned to Brazil, she created relievos for the Palace of the Arcs, of the Department of state, in Brasilia (Distrito Federal).
In 1970, she taught an extension course at The School of Fine Arts of the UFRGS, using her technique directly in cement. Six years later, at the same university she was invited to become a sculpture professor.
Sonia lived and worked in Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro.